Thursday, January 26, 2012

Muay Thai - Q&A

I intended to keep the fact that I learned muay thai a secret because I was afraid I would scare people off, but alas comes the time when the cat has been let out of the bag- I carry my gloves to school most of the time and some how they've caught people's attention. I've been asked these questions a lot of times so I guess I'll just publish them on my blog.
  1. Of all martial arts, why muay thai?
    It wasn't my choice at first, I wanted to learn another martial arts which my parents were kind of against. My parents wanted me to learn muay thai because they've witness how 'fit' my sister has become, although she still doesn't look very fit to me muahahaha. Although I was reluctant, I attended the trial lesson and I actually found muay thai fun. Heeheehee.
  2. How long have you been doing muay thai?
  3. I'm into my third month. The first month I trained I attended once a week, whereas I signed up for the unlimited package in the second month where I would could at least three times a week and at most five times a week.
  4. Where do you train at?
  5. I train at ImpactMMA, which is located in Shenton House. They offer Brazilian Jiujitsu and MMA trainings as well.
  6. What do you do in training?
  7. Honestly, a lot of cardio is involved. Aside from technical training, a lot of time is spent doing things like sit ups, push ups, squats, etc.
  8. Does muay thai help to burn fats?
  9. Although I don't think I've burnt off any fats, YES, muay thai does help to burn fats and lose weight. This is evident from a few who trains at the same gym as I do.
  10. Why are your gloves so big?
  11. They aren't huge at all, why are your eyes so small?
Hope this serves to help most of your questions! If there are any more questions you have about muay thai, please feel free to leave them in the comments section. Cheerios and have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment